Booking Terms & Conditions.....
1. Your arrival will be welcomed from 3.00pm. We look forward to welcoming you at our cottages & would like to greet you in person, therefore we would appreciate it if you could contact us a few days before your visit giving an estimate time of arrival. The Sat Nav for St Davids Country Cottages is SA62 6BX - We are 1 mile outside of St Davids on the main A487, road signposted for the town of Fishguard. Our farm lane is clearly signposted on the right hand side of the road ‘Upper Harglodd’ and there is also a sign for St Davids Country Cottages here.
2. You will be required to vacate your cottage by 10am on the morning of departure to allow time to prepare for our next guests. A later departure may be available on request.
3. The cottages are let and furnished for the numbers specified & no exception can be made except by prior arrangement.
4. Your vehicles & their contents are left at your own risk. The proprietors will not be responsible for the loss or damage thereof or thereto from any cause whatsoever.
5. The proprietors cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or accident sustained at St Davids Country Cottages.
6. Guests are fully responsible for the Cottages & are liable for any damage to the property or its contents, & all reservations are accepted on condition that the accommodation is left clean & tidy & that breakages or damage will be paid for by the hirer if required. Please report any loss, breakage or damage so that it can be corrected prior to the next guests’ arrival.
7. Dogs are welcome free of charge (more than one per Cottage will require prior approval). You must tell us that you are bringing your dog when you make your booking. You will need to bring your own dog basket & bowls, or you may borrow them if arranged in advance. Dogs are allowed on the clear understanding that under NO circumstances may your dog be allowed in any of the bedrooms or lie on the bedding or chairs. Guests must ensure their pet does not cause annoyance to other guests or animals on the farm. Any accidental fouling MUST be cleared up. We also ask that you do not leave pets unattended loose in the cottage.
8. There is a small barbeque located in the shed opposite the cottages which you are welcome to borrow. We kindly ask that you please clean down after use and dispose of COOLED ashes in the bin provided.
9. Every effort is made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, please contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return. We are on site and will do our best to resolve any problems that may arise as soon as possible.
Cancellation Notification more than 6 weeks prior to holiday start date: If the cancellation is notified to us more than 6 weeks prior to the original start date, only the non-refundable deposit of 30% will be retained. Any other monies paid will be returned to you. However, we do understand that on occasions our guests do need to change their booking dates, & therefore try to be flexible. If we are able to re-let your cottage we will transfer your deposit for use against a future holiday within 1 year.
Cancellation Notification less than 6 weeks prior to the holiday start date: If notice of the cancellation is received less than 6 weeks prior to the original start date, & we are unable to re-let the Cottage for the same period, 90% of the rental will be payable by you. Where the Cottage is re-let, the non-refundable deposit of 30% will be retained but can be used against a future holiday within 1 year, with any other monies paid being returned to you.
COVID 19: Should you holiday be effected by Lockdown Restrictions or cancellation due to COVID 19 we will work with you to rearrange your holiday or refund your booking.
We would strongly advise you to consider taking out Holiday Cancellation Insurance.